Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > General Chat

Old 19th Sep 2006, 19:33   #521
Kimberley
Senior Palimpsester
could do better

Default Re: The Wonderful World of the Web

*giggling* gil and flutty thanks for those insightful links

You know I have times when I'm a bit envious of people who have faith. It must be nice to believe there is a reason for all this...

on the other hand, there are times when I think thank God I'm agnostic.
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2006, 20:53   #522
HP
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Can anyone remember that passage from the Bible about some seed falling on stony ground? A member of Flickr is apparently broadcasting his born-again-Christian seed and with a vengeance. He's the second one I've had trying to grow something in the HP desert. But whereas the first one merely filled his photostream with piccies of himself baptising folk and poncing around in an Elvis-style white suit with suitably slicked back dyed-black hair, this one is out to hammer his point home rather more verbally. This is his profile page:

Quote:
As of May 2006, I've been married for 27 years to a very beautiful and godly woman.

I have three daughters and four grandchildren.

All my families are born again Christians, and are living witnesses for Jesus Christ. All my children are very active within the Church ministering, and their husbands too,

I'm retired, and I'm 49 years old.

I live in Antioch California. USA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My soul purpose in life is to Glorify God Almighty, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.

I'm a born again Christian and I love the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul and strength.

My purpose in life is to give God glory and to praise His name continually. I’m called to reach out to others, and to establish godly friendships...to build up one another in Christ.

My desire is to be a strong witness in this fallen world, which needs Jesus Christ desperately. I'm called to be like Jesus, and I want to be like Jesus Christ to all I meet.

I'm here to plant the seeds and even water them and God will ultimately cause the growth. It's God's light and spirit that shines down on mankind, and opens their hearts and eyes to the truth of whom God is and who Jesus Christ is...GOD. Although, some will choose not to adhere to God's calling and to follow Him in obediants.

Know person seeks God, but God seeks you out first. When I or somebody else talks to you about God - Jesus Christ, it's at that time; God is reaching out to you.

If you're reading this, God is reaching out to you now, so that, you might be saved through Jesus Christ.

Today is the day for salvation. Repent - confess your sins to the Lord Jesus Christ. Speak to God as you and I speak to others, it's that simple.

Tell God that you agree with Him, and that you're a sinner, and in need of a savior. Ask Him to forgive you of all your sins and Jesus Christ will forgive you.

Let God know how you feel, all your hurts, all your troubles, and all your sins and give them over to Jesus Christ.

Give praise to Jesus Christ for being obedient to the Father, all the way to the cross, and ultimately died for all who will believe on Him.

Give praise to Jesus Christ and His resurrection from the dead in physical bodily form, so that, you and I might have life, and life everlasting. Praise His Holy name.

Ask Jesus to come in to your heart and life, and make you a new creation through and by Jesus Christ only. There's no other way in which, man can be saved except through Jesus Christ alone. Amen.

ACTS 4:12 “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. 1995

I don't judge anybody, I accept all for who they are. I only pass on what God has given to me through Jesus Christ and His Word. If anybody judges, it is God alone. And His word rings loud and clear to all mankind throughout time.

God tells us to be wise and to listen to the Holy Spirit. We are called to live by the spirit. God says that bad company corrupts good morals.

We must make judgments about people’s behavior whether or not we should be in their company. Not that we are better than them, or that you can't be a witness to them. But that we shouldn't be a buddy or friend in the sense of hanging out with them on a regular basis.

We are not to judge in a condemning way, but the truth is, we all must make judgments about life and others conduct in whether you're going to be a friend or not.

I don't judge you in the sense of condemning you in who you are, or in how you want to live your life, that's completely up to you. Nor do I think you should be able to judge me because of my faith and the way I choose to live my life.

Aren’t there people you don't like to hang around with? Ask yourself why? And you will find you have made a decision or judgments in each case. It doesn't make it wrong, it's just a fact, and it is something that goes on everyday either in your life or somebody else’s life.

Christians are called to encourage one another in the Lord. If a Christian strays away from the Lord Jesus Christ, the saints of God are called to come to the individual who has sinned, so that they might be restored.

Matthew 18 gives a clear presentation of how Christians are to come to one another when there is a fault or sin in the family of God. All corrections are to be done in love, and first you must examine your own life to see if there is any sin in you.

God has given the responsibility of Christians to reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. There are times when you have to come down hard on those Christians who persist to live in open sin.

2 Timothy 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Notice that I'm talking about Christians and not to those who don't believe. Sinners are going to act the way they want, like sinners. How else do you expect a sinner to act, they can’t act any differently than who they are, they are outside of Jesus Christ and separated from God.

When Christians sin -

1 John 2:1-7

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Christians need to help and encourage one another, to love one another, and we must preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

God is love, and He loves you, and so do I.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Notice verse 18 for those who don't believe, you have been judged already because you do not believe. So Christians are not to judge in a condemning way, God has already taken care of that.

Remember that the word of God says... demons believe and they tremble.

James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe— and shudder!

That word BELIEVE, comes with a whole lot of meanings when it comes to believing in God. Such as: Faithfulness, strength of will, Immovableness, unshakable, committed, trust, obey, confidence, assurance and fidelity.

Of course this doesn't mean we won't sin any more, nor does it mean we won't have down days. There'll be those days you're unhappy, sad, hurt and darn right in the dumps of despair, but you keep on believing.

The thing is, we shouldn't want to sin any more, if you're a true child of God. We should be sinning less and less and less as time goes by on our Christian journey.

God's right there with you, anything this old world can throw at you, God's right there with you. Keep your faith, and don't allow the down times to steal your joy of the Lord.

God is good, all the time.

God's grace to you all,

Keith Lovelady
I'm Male and Taken.
California, USA

Lovelady57's contacts (806)
Lovelady57 has listed you as a contact.
HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2006, 20:59   #523
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

Christ, get that point across there, fella.
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:00   #524
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyboy
Nor do I think you should be able to judge me because of my faith and the way I choose to live my life.
I'll be the judge of that.

Quote:
Aren’t there people you don't like to hang around with? Ask yourself why?
Let me think...
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:02   #525
Flutty
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPotts View Post
Can anyone remember that passage from the Bible about some seed falling on stony ground?

Gen 38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled [it] on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Source
Flutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:12   #526
Stewart
Once known as Blixa
takes it to extremes

Send a message via MSN to Stewart

Quote:
I want to be like Jesus Christ to all I meet.
Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next.
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:13   #527
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:17   #528
Flutty
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amner View Post
Christ, get that point across there, fella.
One laugh out loud point for Stewart.

Merci.
Flutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:18   #529
HP
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next.
Luvvit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutty View Post
Gen 38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled [it] on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Thanks Flutty, but no, not that one ... this is more what I had in mind:
Luke 8:4-8, "And a great crowd coming together, and those in each city coming to him, he spoke by a parable: A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trampled down, and the birds of the air devoured it. And some fell on rock; and as soon as it sprang up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up with it and choked it. And others fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit a hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, he who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

Y'see as far as Lovelady's seed and fervid preachings are concerned, I'm about as receptive and fertile as the surface of Mars - stony and thorny doesn't even come close!

Last edited by HP; 19th Sep 2006 at 21:29.
HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2006, 21:18   #530
epsilon minus
Extinct Dinosaur
is a Regular

This is funny

LINK DELETED

Last edited by John Self; 19th Sep 2006 at 21:27. Reason: link with offensive content deleted
epsilon minus is offline   Reply With Quote