Go Back   Palimpsest > Reviews > Other Reviews

Tags
the apprentice

Old 24th Apr 2008, 19:15   #441
Ang
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Default Re: The Apprentice

Lee is looking good - I don't think he's stabbed anyone in the back yet, at least not obviously.

It is the second time he's adamantly stuck up for the project manager in the board room though... prior to the PM choosing who goes back in... could be a tactic. He looks genuine though when he says it.
Old 25th Apr 2008, 11:31   #442
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

I think Alex looks excellent here, but not quite up to Raef.
Old 25th Apr 2008, 11:49   #443
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

I don't know. I don't think anyone with a narrow face works well with those caricatures: Nick Hewer, Alex, Jennifer Gingernut. People with wider squarer faces do: Margaret, Suralan, and the Raef is brilliant. When Ep 5 goes up I'm guessing the Jennifer Cluedo-character will be scarily accurate.
Old 30th Apr 2008, 23:03   #444
vald
Palimpsestarian
deserves a medal

I've just got to come on here to vent some spleen over Goneril and Regan!
What a pair of bitches. Yes Kevin's a numpty, but those pair were vile. And Lee has gone back down in my estimation for attacking Sara. Good old Raef, the gentleman. I'm fuming that bitch 1 never got hauled into the boardroom. GGGRRRRRR.
vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2008, 23:52   #445
John Self
Administrator

Took the words out of my mouth, vald. Lee = down there with the worst of them. Raef = gentleman. And I love the revelation from You're Fired! that Nick and Margaret text one another when watching the programme.

Kevin did well in You're Fired! just adopting a policy of acknowledging what a berk he'd been and smiling until it was all over. It's so interesting that these people went on the programme thinking it would transform their lives, and it has - by having people spit at them in the street. When they presumably couldn't wait for the programme to go out so all their friends could see how they'd been hard done by, in the end Kevin (for example) must have been sitting waiting for the last six weeks to be over so that he could disappear from public view again.

It will be most interesting to see Jenny Celerier on You're Fired!, applying for readmission to the human race.

I wonder if any of them ever remind one another that everything they say is on camera and that the worst stuff will be sure to be shown, particularly during that horrible mauling of Sara in the house at the end? They too often forget that the one verdict that will affect them more than Suralan's is that of the court of public opinion.

As I see it we're down to three non-filth now: Sara, Lucinda and Raef.
Old 1st May 2008, 0:20   #446
vald
Palimpsestarian
deserves a medal

Absolutely JS. That's how I am seeing it - a definite splitting into 2 camps, the cocky, aggressive, "I'd-do-anything-to-win" brigade, epitomised by Michael and his yobbish reaction to winning, and the more, for want of a better word "normal" ones - Lucinda, Sara and Raef. I just hope Sara asserts herself a bit more against the baying mob. I'm glad Suralan realised what was going on there. Lucinda and Raef seemed to be the only ones giving Sara any support. Did anyone else notice that Clare did exactly what she did with Simon, and smilingly stuck the knife in about how Kevin was stressed and could go over the edge at any moment? Manipulative bitch. She's very crafty, whereas Jenny is up-front vile. Clare has an awful smug expression, which just invites you to wipe that smirk from her face....I loved the bit where the camera stayed on J after she had just been banging on about K and his Porsche, it was a pure Victoria Wood moment.
vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 8:44   #447
John Self
Administrator

Yup, Claire has a face like a bottom which is crying out to be smacked.
Old 1st May 2008, 9:49   #448
jim
Palimpsestarian
worries mother

As I can't actually hear what anybody is saying as I mostly have my fingers in my ears during the programme the only bit that stood out for me was Margaret's face when the yob who won started fist pumping.

I did listen to the load of crap Alan Sugar was spouting about having "Sorry your son got his face kicked in by hoodies cards" and was dying for someone to say: "and you're telling me environmental cards are are a shit idea!"

I'm supporting Raef after that bit at the end. Alex is a nasty piece of work in my opinion.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 10:23   #449
Adr.
Palimpsestarian
deserves a medal

I agree with everything everyone else has said here. Lee went waaay down in my estimation after attacking Sara. I'm now supporting Raef because he was the only one who stood up for her.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:31   #450
ono no komachi
Senior Palimpsester
has the freedom of Palimp City

Please bear in mind that I scribbled all this before reading your comments this morning:

Percentage watch:

Quote:
Kevin: I am totally 150% up for making the pitch
Literally watch:

Quote:
Raef: I am literally in my element when I have an audience.
Best surreal moment (poor Tom! You could see the words 'Jesus, the things I do to earn a living' crossing his mind as we watched):

Quote:
Jenny: We have a thong for you to wear if you like.
Claire: It's a woman's thong.
Jenny: It's a sport one, you can't tell if it's a man or a woman...
Michael (tit extraordinaire) covered himself in glory with the idea of a card to congratulate someone on having plastic surgery. But then Raef persuaded him that whilst that might be OK for a boob job (did he really say 'people tend to be quite up-front about boob jobs?' or is that my inner innuendo-generator kicking in?) people might not be so keen on the idea 'for something more intimate like a nose job'.

Margaret provided two of the funniest moments, both silent, one peering over her spectacles at poor Tom's naked bottom, and the other the expression of unadulterated shock when Michael went overboard with his goal celebrations (which Surrallan rebuked but seemed actually quite amused by).

I was slightly perturbed by the idea of Nick and Margaret texting each other like teenagers as revealed in TA:YF.

Quote:
Nick: I texted her to say 'You should have seen your face in the boardroom! You looked like you had just witnessed a massacre.' She texted me back saying 'Oh, but I had!'
Lucinda was quite the sex kitten last night in fishnets and red patent-leather shoes - though my heart fell when she was teamed with Helene and Jennifer for the task. Later, as she clinked glasses with Lee ('The special occasion would be the aliens landing') at the private recital by Myleene Klass (really?) I wondered if there might be a little romance there, but he scuppered his chances by his unseemly bullying of Sara back at the house after the firing. Did he seriously think Kevin was more competent than Sara?

Raef has won me over following his spirited defence of Sara, but why does he wear pyjamas and a robe in bed when all the others seem to be showing more skin than is strictly necessary? Does he feel the cold particularly badly?

ono no komachi is offline   Reply With Quote