Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > General Chat

Old 4th Jul 2005, 14:25   #1
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid
Default Exciting News!

Hi all

I am genuinely excited to announce that soon Palimpsest will publish, in association with The Fantastical House of Flegg, the short story collection The Kronikles of A'Rafat by non-award winning author Graham Parsnip!

Now, I don't want our members worrying that this move into traditional publishing means that we won't be focusing on the core business of our web publishing empire. Far from it! This is a one off deal, where the financial muscle of Palimpsest was required to help dig The Fantastical House of Flegg out of a bit of a hole. Essentially, without us the book would never have been published!

There are two main benefits to this deal. Firstly, all Palimpsest members qualify for a free signed and numbered copy of The Kronikles of A'Rafat. All you will need to do is provide a stamped addressed envelope. More details to come when we are closer to the publication date. Secondly, a competition is being set up in Palimpton Crescent entitled The Palimpian Pen. Every member has the chance to be chosen to have a 500 word piece of work published in the final volume! And unlike the dodgy ebay rip-off scam The Olympian Pen, the brainchild of pointless numptie Peter Johnson, you don't have to spend a penny to enter (unless of course you like to urinate while writing!!!!). No, instead, you post your entry up on the thread and some method of deciding which will be used will be thought up by the time the competition ends! This is an amazing chance for a would-be author to get their work published in one of the most sought-after speculative volumes of the decade!

This isn't a joke, The Kronikles of A'Rafat is genuinely going to be published and made available via Palimpsest and Ebay. And your story could be in it!

Wavid
Old 4th Jul 2005, 15:30   #2
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Wow, sounds exciting Wavid! Tell me, what are the titles of the stories that our future award winning author Graham Parsnip has written? He has written them already, right? I mean, only a pointless numpty would announce the publication of a book before it's been written! That certainly wouldn't be wicked or what!
Old 4th Jul 2005, 15:43   #3
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid

Thanks for asking, John Self! Of course all the stories have been written!

However, of the stories to be published (I shan't reveal the total number, that would be giving far too much away!) only two have titles thus far.

They are Insex! and Cnut Bubbles.
Old 4th Jul 2005, 17:13   #4
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

And there is another (Wavid, that you might forget!), A Scandal in Tyrethia.

Quote:
To A'Rafat she was always the lizard creature...
Old 4th Jul 2005, 18:40   #5
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Thank goodness copyright expires 70 years after the author's death, eh, Graham!
Old 4th Jul 2005, 22:17   #6
kumquat
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Send a message via MSN to kumquat

well of course i'll have the free copy but run this by me again...we just have to write 500 words of real quality speculative fiction to be entered. do we have to follow on from anything the honourable mr parsnip has written previously or a 500 word short story? it sounds wonderful.

who are these incredulous folks who will publish us?
Old 5th Jul 2005, 3:30   #7
Jerkass
Palimpsestarian
eats too much cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
who are these incredulous folks who will publish us?
you've misspelled "ingenious" there, kumquat

why...our work is of such high quality that we'll be publishing it ourselves, right?
Old 5th Jul 2005, 8:08   #8
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Yes, it's just a stand alone 500 word story. Remember though it must be speculative and the quality must be variable.

The book will be published by the fictional publishers The Fantastical House of Flegg. They are a small, independant press who don't even have a website yet! So don't try looking.

This is a genuine offer to have your work published in a high quality booklet at no cost to yourself - if you win!
Old 5th Jul 2005, 13:29   #9
kumquat
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Send a message via MSN to kumquat

yes i saw all the info on another thread about 30 seconds after i asked! duh. ok cool. no promises because i'm not used to this....of a sci-fi nature is it?
Old 5th Jul 2005, 13:35   #10
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS???!?!?!

It has to be speculative. SPECULATIVE!! I'm sure everyone in the world knows what that means, don't they?

EH?