Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > General Chat

Old 21st Jul 2004, 11:34   #1
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid
Default AMAZON LINK NOW WORKING!

...I think.

The next time someone is buying a book (or anything) through Amazon, can they do it via the link on the front page and let me know please?

If it is working, then it will be a great way to support Palimpsest. When I paid the subs in April, the cost was around £80 for the year. Whilst this isn't a huge amount, and one which I am happy to cover myself, the idea that the site will start to pay for itself is certainly a welcome one.

In the highly unlikely case that we start actually making a profit, those will be put towards promotion of the site - something that can now start in earnet now the front page isn't quite so amateurish.

If people are interested, I am quite happy to publish on the forum somewhere details of any income received from Amazon. Palimpsest (despite the change of subtitle) is still a community, after all, and it's best to be open about these things.
Wavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2004, 13:50   #2
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid

And there is a Google search box and some ads at the bottom of the page too, which seem to be worrying sci-fi related. I blame the Parsnip... anyway, clicking them everyday helps earn us some cash too, people!
Wavid is offline   Reply With Quote