Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > Palimpsest Forums > All About Palimpsest

Old 29th Aug 2006, 2:41   #1
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid
Default Upgrades & Improvements

I have just upgraded the board to the latest version. This means all sorts of cool new things can happen - like double clicking orange forum icons to mark them as read, and quoting more than one post in a post (see the nasty new blue icon) - but also that some of the little Palimpmods have disappeared. I'll spend some time over the next week or two putting them back, so please don't fret!

The full list of new things - lots of which are around security - can be found here.

The front page is now kaput, for some reason, so I will put a forward in to force people to jump straight to the forum.

Any issues or concerns, let me know here please chaps.
Old 29th Aug 2006, 3:03   #2
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid
Default Re: Upgrade

Woo-hoo! Forums now stay marked as read when you have read all the posts inside them. At last!
Old 29th Aug 2006, 9:12   #3
Colyngbourne
Administrator
is beyond help

Love the double-click thing already! Can we notice niggly things for you, Wavid, or have you a list already? The lack of linking tags at the bottom of a thread page, back to the main forum etc, is the first thing I noticed anyway.

But three cheers for the upgrade!
Old 29th Aug 2006, 9:46   #4
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

That one was on my list certainly, along with links in the navigation bar and at the page footer. The 'Current Read' doesn't appear at the moment under your avatar, and the rank (suckles...) and title (Administrator) are the wrong way round. I'm sure there are others!

People feel free to point things out!
Old 29th Aug 2006, 9:48   #5
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

Also, there is now a link inside quotes to jump to the original post that was quoted. That has a little icon (no doubt blue and nasty) which currently isn't displaying. I can sort that out tonight.
Old 29th Aug 2006, 10:47   #6
HP
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Just deleted a grumble about the multi-quote feature, cos it was my cack-handedness, not the board causing the prob. But there does seem to be a genuine hitch with 'New Posts'. Having replied to the How Many Books thread, I notice this doesn't show up in the New Posts listings ... is there a time delay for such things, or is this a glitch?
HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2006, 10:57   #7
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

I seem to remember that New Posts was crap last time round and I had to change it to something else to get it to work properly. I think it might just show up unread posts since you last logged-in, HP. What was more useful was 'today's posts' which showed everything that day regardless of whether it was read or not. Another to add to the list!
Old 30th Aug 2006, 1:57   #8
JunkMonkey
Senior Palimpsester
should be ashamed

Could someone send me the URL of the Superglu link that used to be top right on the now defunct home page please? I used that a lot but (as luck would have it) not in the last few days and it has expired from my history. Thanks.

There Are Not Seven Words In My Signature
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2006, 8:21   #9
Wavid
Administrator
befriends strangers

http://palimpsest.suprglu.com/
Old 30th Aug 2006, 11:31   #10
JunkMonkey
Senior Palimpsester
should be ashamed

Thanks. I had been putting an e in supr. That's why I couldn't find it on Google.

There Are Not Seven Words In My Signature
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote