Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > Politics & Society

Old 3rd Apr 2011, 11:12   #1
Ang
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Default Funny "political" comments on social networks

A Sarah Palin fan on Sarah Palin's facebook page:

Sarah Palin, don't mind him let him move to Canada , they are just ingorant and don't realize or must not care that this Administration and the Senate are selling us (America) down the road (print more money). If Americans don't wake up,and take back our America, we might be the new China. The dollar will be no more it will be the yen. scary isn't it! I would love to see an honest person (like yourself) with no hiden agenda's in the presidency and in the Senate and House. I will continue to pray that the Lord will have all the crooked politicans, be revealed somehow and let the Christians, the American families have back their free America. No more stealing from the working class and giving our funds (free handouts) to the folks that refuse to work. P.S. if you decide to run, you got my vote! Donald Trump, a great businessman would be a good running mate! as we need all the help we can get to get us out of debt. I don't want to speak chinese :(

I have no idea who it is she is supposed to not mind and let move to Canada. I just love that she's worried about the currency being Yen when we become the new China. Not to mention that she thinks America is for Christians. That just makes me angry.

I would post this up on facebook but one of my high school "friends" loves to bully me if I write anything the slightest bit political. Say anything in support of Obama and I'm "knocking the country I grew up in". I would like to know when it became unAmerican to support the president.
Old 4th Apr 2011, 1:37   #2
JunkMonkey
Senior Palimpsester
should be ashamed

Default Re: Funny "political" comments on social networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang View Post
I would like to know when it became unAmerican to support the president.
Just after the Watergate break in?

There Are Not Seven Words In My Signature
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:15   #3
Ang
Senior Palimpsester

Sorry to quote a Sarah Palin fan again, but they're just too easy:

Well, it appears Mr. Obama has announced his intentions, such as they are. We need another player in the Arena, an impact player who can move the hearts of the citizenry of this great country. She would have to be gutsy, smart, principled and ready to gamble to ensure the continued viability of this great Nation. She would be, by my lights, attractive and fearfully and wonderfully made in God's own image, with a devoted husband who is brave, strong and true. She would have loving children, who are in return loved by her with all her heart and soul. Lastly, she would have a great champion who is wiliing, able and ready to stand by her side and brave the storms that are certain to come. Disconsolation hath covered this present night, but joy cometh in the morning. She hails from a land veiled in beauty and mystery, yet she is close to all of us, and will be yet again. Decisions need to be made. We are at zero hour, and America needs heroes. So let us begin.

...makes me wonder, yet again, where Sarah would be if she were not attractive.
(What does he mean by "by my lights")
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:18   #4
Ang
Senior Palimpsester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
Just after the Watergate break in?
Or... maybe... intelligent black man elected.
Old 6th Apr 2011, 1:14   #5
JunkMonkey
Senior Palimpsester
should be ashamed

Quote:
(What does he mean by "by my lights")
I understood what it meant. It means 'in my opinion', 'the way I see it' but can't find any references for it. Best I can come up with is this from another forum:

Quote:
It means allowing yourself to be guided by someone else's preferences or opinions. 'By my lights...' means 'in my opinion...'.

I'm not sure that it's an idiom, as I believe that it's a reference to navigational lights which are used at sea for deciding the correct or safe course, and such it is possible to determine the meaning from the phrase itself.

There Are Not Seven Words In My Signature
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 16:48   #6
Oryx
Palimpsestarian
eats too much cheese

Quote:
A Sarah Palin fan on Sarah Palin's facebook page:

Sarah Palin, don't mind him let him move to Canada , they are just ingorant and don't realize or must not care that this Administration and the Senate are selling us (America) down the road (print more money). If Americans don't wake up,and take back our America, we might be the new China. The dollar will be no more it will be the yen. scary isn't it! I would love to see an honest person (like yourself) with no hiden agenda's in the presidency and in the Senate and House. I will continue to pray that the Lord will have all the crooked politicans, be revealed somehow and let the Christians, the American families have back their free America. No more stealing from the working class and giving our funds (free handouts) to the folks that refuse to work. P.S. if you decide to run, you got my vote! Donald Trump, a great businessman would be a good running mate! as we need all the help we can get to get us out of debt. I don't want to speak chinese :(

This is laughable and stupid on so many levels. I too would like to know what "he" said that would warrant such harsh punishment as been banished to Canada! Also, sweetheart, don't worry about the yen. It's pegged to the US dollar, so no matter how low the dollar drops, the yen will alway be lower.

And, why is it that these "tea baggers" always pit the working class against the poor, instead of the wealthy, who are the ones that stole their money vis a vis government bailouts?

Ang, you may want to consider "unfriending" the high school "friend" who is intimidating you and censoring your Facebook page. Americans like yourself need to start expressing some rational opinions, those based on fact, and re-establishing a Liberal class.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 4:58   #7
ed gray
Junior Palimpsestarian
is new to Palimpsest

Sarah Palin is the kind of girl you got stuck with at the senior prom -- dumb and opinionated. Michele Bachmann is the kind of girl you ended up naked with in the back seat of your '57 Chevy after dumping Palin on your dumb and opinionated best friend. He ended up arguing with Palin at the I-Hop until 3 in the morning and got stuck with the tab. Bachmann got preggers and had an abortion.
ed gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 12:16   #8
Ang
Senior Palimpsester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Ang, you may want to consider "unfriending" the high school "friend" who is intimidating you and censoring your Facebook page. Americans like yourself need to start expressing some rational opinions, those based on fact, and re-establishing a Liberal class.
He has stopped now, after apologizing, but gets my brother all riled up to do it instead. I really wish three quarters of my siblings didn't sound like they founded the Tea Party.
Old 19th Apr 2011, 3:23   #9
Oryx
Palimpsestarian
eats too much cheese

Quote:
I really wish three quarters of my siblings didn't sound like they founded the Tea Party.

As they say, you can pick your friends but...
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 8:52   #10
Ang
Senior Palimpsester

In response to this:

"Just passed a new law in my household. No one is allowed to say the word Tennessee. It could lead to immoral views like bigotry."