Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > Reviews > Book Reviews

Old 11th Aug 2006, 14:14   #1
Waspy
Junior Palimpsestarian
is new to Palimpsest

Turd Redemption by Wayne Sharrocks (WARNING: may contain spam)

Redemption is a no-holds-barred psychological thriller that captivated me from the very first page. This riveting tale is a tasty confection of love lost, betrayal and vendettas in which the author exhibits a unique blend of
dark prose, quick wit and flawless storytelling to take you on an emotional rollercoaster-ride. I found it to be a powerful, evocative tale-a strikingly original piece of work, with dazzling scenes, vivid personalities and a well-crafted plot, intelligent plot.
Waspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 14:22   #2
HP
Senior Palimpsester
suckles at the teat of the Palim-God

Default Re: Redemption by Wayne Sharrocks

Thanks for the gushing review Waspy - and welcome, but by the pricking of my thumbs, something SW-ish this way comes ..... ?

Add:

Ah yes, a little googling and those thumbs aren't pricking, so much as throbbing: here's Mr Sharrocks's 'no-holds-barred' thrills 'n spills opus magna on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1843...618370-6597610 - complete with available extract of his fantabulous scribblings to tickle us all. Seems, like our friend, Wrighto, Mr Sharrocks is also a highly gifted artist. Will you check that gorgeous jacket out! Where do all these multi-faceted literary geniuses spring from, pray?

Add 2

A little further googling reveals that Waspy is not the only satisfied customer, either - according to The Mail online NastyNicky and SexyShawna are all hot and bothered about Mr Sharrocks's blinding talent too!

Add 3

Hey! Seems our Wayne is all over the web like a rash - or to be a little more exact, breathless musings about his superlative fictionals are. On the C4 message boards, another Shawna (not sexy, just wetting her knickers, this time) seems to have found yet another Sharrocks fan - a 'paganprincess' none the less ... and we all know what arbiters of good literary taste, princesses of the pagan variety are!

Add 4

And cop this: someone (mentioning no names - cos they didn't give any) on this site has also fallen headlong under the Sharrocks spell. And the nameless one is a man we can definitely trust. While choosing to remain meekly anonomous, presumably to allow his idol Wayne to receive the full glare of the limelight, the faceless one assures us he is -

Quote:
Anti spam: Do NOT contact me offering services or anything of a commercial nature
Not only a man of honour, but one with a wicked sense of humour, too - doncha just love him!

But should you want to contact this latest faceless fan wonder, well, good news! He/she's obligingly left their email address: ws410@hotmail.com WS? WS? Er ... now why do those two seemingly-innocent initials ring loud bells? But no - Mr Sharrocks is a clever, talented genius of brilliantly plotted thrillers. Wouldn't be so dumb as to indulge in cack-handed, hopelessly transparent spamming shennanigans, surely?

Last edited by HP; 11th Aug 2006 at 15:12.
HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:00   #3
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Yes, I've reported those posts on the Mail board as spam, Honey.

Dear me Wayne - I mean Waspy - you have been busy haven't you? Posters matching your email address (which just happens to have Wayne Sharrocks' initials in it!! ws410@hotmail.com - take note please, spambots) have been recommending this book left, right and centre (and if we include the Daily Mail board, far right).

In one forum he's a London author. In another he's from East Anglia.

The Amazon reviews are hilarious - every single named reviewer has never felt the need to review a book before they happened upon the masterpiece that is Redemption! Some of them, to try to cover up the well-known scam of reviewing one book and no others, have reviewed a couple after that - but the same ones over and over again (Dominic Holland, Kate Mosse, Dan Brown...), which is a bit of a giveaway.

How stupid must a self-promoting author be (that's a tautology, I suppose) to think this sort of stuff will work? As Sean Wright found out, it causes them far more grief in the long run. Actually, I might just buy a copy of Redemption and write a very very long and detailed review of it...

EDIT: Thanks Honey, you've covered most of the same ones as me while I was typing away!

So Waspy, any response to make?
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:04   #4
Stewart
Once known as Blixa
takes it to extremes

Send a message via MSN to Stewart

Oh, that cover. Is that an original Sharrocks? Phone Christie's just now - we need an evaluation.

I notice he also has a Lulu storefront that is inactive. Perhaps he thought The Vanguard Press looked more legitimate. Daftie!
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:06   #5
John Self
Administrator
suffers from smallness of vision

Yes, Blixa, though I think the technical term is "a load of Sharrocks."

Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:09   #6
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

With us two days...that's realling bedding in, isn't it?

Do these people have no imagination? Ah, Sean Wright, Wayne Bollocks, etc. I guess not.

And those Amazon reviews: 5 oh-so-brief snippets, all , all submitted within a week of each other. Gosh. That's unheard of, isn't it?
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:14   #7
Stewart
Once known as Blixa
takes it to extremes

They shouldn't really put such books up for all to read on Amazon. Check out this sentence from the first page:

Quote:
I knew there was a lot to be ashamed of in my life, but I just did not understand why these dark thoughts and spectres from my past, kept invading my mind of late, now almost on a nightly basis.
Yes, it's true.
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:16   #8
Stewart
Once known as Blixa
takes it to extremes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amner
That's unheard of, isn't it?
Like the author then?
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:17   #9
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

I do like this:
Quote:

NOVEL-REDEMPTION by local author Wayne Sharrocks

Date: Thursday 4th May
Have any of you fellow East Anglian's checked out the critically acclaimed new thriller from local author Wayne Sharrocks?
It is a terrific psychological thriller with an irresistable plot that draws you in and will ahve you on the edge of your seat.
The author combines rich,evocative prose with a unique wit and flawless storytelling to create a fantastic tale.
Sit back and enjoy it!
(I purchased book for £4.58 via www.amazon.co.uk where it is receiving rave reviews, but I know from friends that it is also available at hugely discounted prices from Tesco.com,WHSmith.co.uk and Play.Com websites.)
So support your local author and check the novel out- you wont be disappointed!
Anti spam: Do NOT contact me offering services or anything of a commercial nature
That naturalistic I know from friends that it is also available at hugely discounted prices from Tesco.com,WHSmith.co.uk and Play.Com...!

Love also the Anti spam: Do NOT contact me offering services or anything of a commercial nature - what, Wayne, to ws410@hotmail.com is that?

ws410@hotmail.com , yeah?
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:18   #10
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

Anyhoo, Waspy, desperate to hear your comments, old bean...do tell us what you think.