Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > General Chat

Old 2nd Nov 2007, 13:47   #291
Flutty
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Default Re: NaNoWriMo

Slower today.

Only 800 words, mostly spent introducing my room-mate, an ex-special forces sniper. I must be careful, I am writing about real people and events I could get sued.

Trying to work out how to find a plot after I have finished my character portraits.

Total 2,395 words.

Lunch: cold remains of chicken risotto and cold Chiritzo sausage (très piquant)
Flutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 17:22   #292
beer good
Palimpsestarian
could do better

I've broken the 1,000 word mark and I'm starting to get ideas concerning plot.
If I don't make it, I'll blame it on the fact that everyone writing in a language with separate definite articles ("the") and lengthy verb/noun constructions such as "do the dishes" have an unfair advantage when it comes to word count.

Goodreads (2013 and older)
Movies I've seen
beer good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2007, 20:18   #293
sara
Junior Palimpsestarian
is hanging around suspiciously

It has become NoNoWriMo for me. No words written, my life is all a bother, and I resign...
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2007, 19:16   #294
amner
Administrator
is beyond help

Finally!

Right, write.
Old 8th Nov 2007, 10:51   #295
Flutty
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Fallen off the wagon as well.

Did two days and then, life, work and stuff caught up. Since then I have done nothing. Even keeping my blog up has been difficult.

Good thing though, what I wrote I liked, and it helped me to spawn ideas for future work. Just need to get into that habit of writing. But too many life changes going on...
Flutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 13:39   #296
Stewart
Once known as Blixa
takes it to extremes

Send a message via MSN to Stewart

Through the blog I've been emailed this from the BBC, which is a sort of NaNoWriMo thing by the sounds of it and thought I'd share it for anybody who is interested:

Quote:
Hello,
I'm emailing from BBC Radio Scotland to let you know about Write Here Right Now, a writing project we are running in February this year.

Every year we run a "Write a novel in a month" project in February. We invite participants to sign up at http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/programmes/writehererightnow
for a daily email of advice from professional writers who give their tips on pacing, character, plotting, revision, all the aspects of writing a novel that beginners might welcome advice on. Towards the end of the month we offer advice from publishers and agents on how to get published. In return we expect our participants to commit to writing 1000 words a day. It's not a competition, so we don't want to be sent any completed novels. It's a great way of supporting writers to write the book of their dreams.

This year our theme is crime and we are lining up emails of advice from household name British crime writers. It's a great opportunity for writers to get unrivaled advice and support to write their novels, straight into their inboxes.

You do not have to be based in Scotland to take part. Last year we had participants in South America, Australia and the Middle East.

If you feel that Write Here Right Now is something that visitors to your site would be interested in then we would be very happy if you would like to put this link to Write Here Right Now up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/programmes/writehererightnow

Please respond to this email if you have any queries, or feel free to distribute it to anyone whom you feel may be interested. And sorry if this has reached you but isn't relevant.

David Stenhouse
Write Here Right Now
Old 17th Oct 2008, 13:05   #297
Colyngbourne
Administrator
is beyond help

Having got stuck at 30,000 words on my Nanowrimo, I'm aiming to take it up again this November. I have just finished today (hurrah!) writing Book Two - 87,000 words and a hell of a lot of redrafting - so it might be a good way to move on in the writing stakes once I've put something of Book Two in the post to various agents etc.

Anyone else here hoping to do some creative writing (though maybe not 50,000 words) come 1st Nov?
Old 17th Oct 2008, 15:37   #298
Noumenon
Senior Palimpsester

has the freedom of Palimp City

Yep. I'm always hoping. I've been sitting on the opening third of a short story for Gil's Mythaxis for a couple of months while studying, now I'm finding I have no time (or dedication) after I finish my day's "teaching" for much useful writing. But I want to so I may take another stab at this, see if I can do something useful with that serial killer nonsense I started last year.
Noumenon is offline   Reply With Quote