Palimpsest  

Go Back   Palimpsest > User Forums > General Chat

Old 3rd May 2007, 19:45   #21
Maggie
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

Default Re: library thing

It sounds as if HP has the same organizing method when it comes to shoes as I do. My shoe closet has a shelf which was installed with the best of intentions..........however the whole closet seems to have become a hodge podge of boots, shoes, sandles and an occasional snow hat/glove thrown in the mix.

As for lists of books.........I keep a list of what I've read during the year. I love the top ten thingy come December but I don't take notes.......not many reviews posted from my little corner of the world What I like about librarything.com (besides being able to communicate with others who share my obsession) is SEEING all my beautiful books on the screen. Very weird, I know but I love to go through the shelves. I am also very nosey, I like to look at other peoples shelves. I fear that I am very forward about this anyway. If I see someone reading a book on the bus or in the doctor's office, where ever, I will nearly sprain my neck to see what they are reading. I try to be sneaky about this but I would imagine I am not as clever as I think I am. More than once I'm sure someone has thought me a nosey old bat.

LibraryThing allows me to rubberneck at will !!

Maggie

Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79565255@N00/
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 20:45   #22
Megora
Junior Palimpsestarian
is a Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
I absolutely know this is very very sick, but I love looking at a list of my books. There you have it.......

Maggie
Maggie, I do the same and don't find it sick at all. I love my virtual bookshelf and it's the only places where I have all my books together.

I am BgGirl on there if you like to take a look.
Old 5th Dec 2013, 23:53   #23
JunkMonkey
Senior Palimpsester
should be ashamed

...and I'm TheOtherJunkMonkey:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/TheOtherJunkMonkey

currently only 500+ of my many thousands of tatty paperbacks listed but I'm working on it. (I'm rather obsessively making sure the cover picture shown is of the same edition as the copy I own. This has often involved hunting the web for the right image or scanning and uploading my copy if all else fails. I need to get out more.)

There Are Not Seven Words In My Signature
JunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2013, 0:44   #24
Maggie
Palimpsestarian
is a palimpsestin' fool!

I did the same thing.....actually got all nerved up when the right cover wasn't one of the choices. I joined LibraryThing when it first started up, they've come a long way. Have fun ! It IS great to view virtual shelves. Not to mention finding others who own the same books. A great site !

Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79565255@N00/
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote