View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 9:57   #18
befriends strangers
Send a message via AIM to Wavid Send a message via MSN to Wavid Send a message via Yahoo to Wavid Send a message via Skype™ to Wavid

Can I just be really annoying and point out to John that the Stereophonics version of Handbags... was not the one used in the Office credits, rather one by somebody called, if memory serves, Big George, or something like that.

Amner - while the Cash version of I See a Darkness is excellent, the original by Will Oldham, as Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, (who sings backing on the Cash one) is genuinely better. The album it is on is named after that song. Mind you, all four of the Cash American Recordings records are brilliant.

My listening at the moment is dominated by the few tracks I have bought recently from ITunes. Times Like These by the Foo Fighters, Wake Up Boo!, Disco Down by Shed Seven (thanks JS), the brilliant single from Razorlight Somewhere Else and the quite good Speed of Sound from Coldplay.

Oh and one song I play AT LEAST once every single day is the cover of Easy by Faith No More. Great stuff.

edit: Oh, and I agree with JS that the Gorillaz album might well be essential listening, the current single is superb, and used on the new Ipod adverts, I see.
Site Admin | Blog | Reading List | Email | Current Reading: The Sportswriter, Richard Ford
Wavid is offline   Reply With Quote