Palimpsest

Palimpsest (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Other Reviews (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Big Brother (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2999)

Stewart 7th Jun 2007 12:06

Re: TV Hell

Just over a week into Big Brother 8 and the first person is evicted. Not by the public but by her own mouth. Yes, racist remarks again.

John Self 7th Jun 2007 12:08

Well she did identify herself as a right-wing Tory. Paradoxically, she also rated herself as 10 out of 10 for intelligence.

leyla 7th Jun 2007 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart (Post 65991)
Just over a week into Big Brother 8 and the first person is evicted. Not by the public but by her own mouth. Yes, racist remarks again.

Intrigued. I'm guessing you saw this in the papers or on the live feed as it wasn't on the C4 show last night (yes, I'm watching it).

Stewart 7th Jun 2007 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyla (Post 65993)
I'm guessing you saw this in the papers or on the live feed as it wasn't on the C4 show last night

Nah. Sky News website today. (And on a few other forums.)

amner 7th Jun 2007 13:10

Hand 'em the nails and Channel 4 will box up BB for good. What a shambles.

Hopefully it'll just implode now.

MikeMk1 7th Jun 2007 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Self (Post 65992)
Well she did identify herself as a right-wing Tory. Paradoxically, she also rated herself as 10 out of 10 for intelligence.

Quote:

Emily says she and her "gorgeous" 17-year-old twin sisters are known as "the Hilton sisters of Bristol".
A premonition that she might end up in Holloway?

sara 7th Jun 2007 16:21

Mr H I am sure that I saw that bin being won!
Gosh.

Re: Emily, well just how silly is she then? Mind you she was the one proclaiming that she was interested in a new kind of music called "indie"!

John Self 7th Jun 2007 16:33

Quote:

Emily says she and her "gorgeous" 17-year-old twin sisters are known as "the Hilton sisters of Bristol".
Or maybe the Bristol Hilton is where they take their clients.

Actually it's futile to make a joke out of that. It's already funny on so many levels, not least that she doesn't see why proudly claiming to be "the Hilton sisters of Bristol" is funny.

JunkMonkey 7th Jun 2007 16:39

Okay, here's a story idea for anyone who wants it.

Several people spend weeks in a Big Brother Type House. When they all emerge they find no one has the faintest idea who they are as the show wasn't televised. During their absence from the 'real world' crooks / Spies / Secret Government agency (whoever) have been using their identities to do naughty things. Now bad guys are after them for revenge...

leyla 7th Jun 2007 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara (Post 66036)
Mr H I am sure that I saw that bin being won!
Gosh.

Re: Emily, well just how silly is she then? Mind you she was the one proclaiming that she was interested in a new kind of music called "indie"!

Yes, I laughed at that. Indie is older than her - at least 30. She also made a big deal about having had skinny jeans 'years before anyone else' : 'When did you first get skinny jeans? A year ago? Well I got my first pair three years ago and when I walked into school, everyone stared and said 'what HAS she got on. And then a year later, they were all copying me' .
Congrats, you airhead- people of my generation were wearing skinnies to indie gigs in the late '70s.
I know every year people say the house is full of freaks, but really, this year there's only one person I would like to sit next to in a pub (Ziggy - and I chose him more for eye candy than any depth of personality). There's a scary-looking woman who sneers and pouts at her image in the mirror at all hours of the day, thinks she's the best looking girl in the house and namedrops cringeably because her cousin plays for Man U. There are a couple of sweet, pretty, pleasant but utterly vapid twins who can't talk about anything more complex than the colour pink. There was Emily, who boasted at length about how she had gained three distinctions in her first year of drama college, how she was hot and how she was incredibly bright. There's a nanny who I thought might be decent until it transpired that her introductory line to everyone is 'I'm called wangas because of the size of my breasts' and a raving cleaner with hair of Johnny Rotten and the chin of Jimmy Hill (she's actually OK but her brain is baked). There's a Victoria Beckham look-alike who became distressed at work when someone else dared to wear a pair of VB jeans ('But I'M the Victoria Beckham lookalike') and who had her hair extensions cut off weeks after they went in because VB had had hers snipped off. There's an unemployed girl who slaps a ton of make up onto her acne each day and croaks about how gorgeous she is. There's a girl who was adopted from an orphanage in India who seems alright so far, a WI ex Cambridge don who is bright but doesn't have anyone to talk to, and finally, there's a failed Respect candidate who probably has a heart of gold.