Palimpsest

Palimpsest (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The return of Gil and the launch of Mythaxis (http://palimpsest.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3444)

gil 7th Feb 2008 11:42

The return of Gil and the launch of Mythaxis

Well, I guess I'm back, but I haven't been totally idle while I've been away. I've participated more in my root book interest - science fiction and fantasy, via the William Gibson discussion board, and an sf board called SFChronicles.

I thank all of you who have welcomed me back. And I shall certainly restart my movie diary.

I finally launched, this month, an online sf magazine, called Mythaxis, which I mention not for publicity so much as an invitation to the talented members of the Palimp to submit sf or fantasy short stories.

The current issue is bulked out with truly beginners' efforts, though "Charlotte Wang" is quite impressive, so one should not feel shy of submitting any work that's been languishing without a publisher.

Mostly, I started it as a counter-offensive against the juvenile, garish, movie- and tv-inspired sf fan sites which give science fiction a bad name. I have tried to make it look more like a literary periodical than an adjunct to Star Trek and Harry Potter.

Noumenon 7th Feb 2008 13:31

Re: The return of Gil and the launch of Mythaxis

Ah - it looks like my Vonnegureeting was misplaced. I'll have look right now. And welcome back!
Quote:

Originally Posted by gil (Post 84101)
I have tried to make it look more like a literary periodical than an adjunct to Star Trek and Harry Potter.

...although, maybe a little Klingonian?

beer good 7th Feb 2008 13:52

You know, I was just thinking yesterday - literally yesterday - "I wonder where Gil got to." Really glad to see you back!

The site looks interesting, I'll have to explore it at length when I have the time...

m. 7th Feb 2008 13:59

Oooo, cool. I've been recently quite active on some Polish sf-fantasy site, 'cause - quite unexpectedly for me - I'm feeling hungry for the genre. So your site, gil, looks very tempting...

I'll register on the forum when I think of the appropriate name as I seldom use the same username twice. Childish I know but I like it that way. :-D

gil 7th Feb 2008 14:09

I warn you that the forum is far from active at the moment!

m. 7th Feb 2008 14:20

And you're trying to remedy that by warning prospective members? Nice work. ;-)

Beth 7th Feb 2008 15:16

Just read, and really enjoyed, Charlotte Wang. Good to see you back around, mr gil.

gil 7th Feb 2008 17:08

Quote:

...although, maybe a little Klingonian?
Well, I couldn't resist these wonderful characters as separators.

gil 30th Apr 2008 2:08

ANNOUNCING:

Issue 2 of Mythaxis.

Noumenon 30th Apr 2008 9:53

Woo-hoo!